Effective Date: November 24, 2020
What We Collect
- Information you give us. We collect information you give to us, including email address, username, and real name.
- Information we get when you use our products and services. We collect the following information when you use our products and services:
- Usage Information, including test automation results and test cases.
We use different technologies to collect and store information, including cookies and similar technologies.
How we use your information
Here’s how we put your personal information to use:
- Provide our services. We use information to develop, operate, and improve our services.
- Respond to comments, questions, and support requests. We use your information to provide support and respond to other inquiries. To protect your account, we may also use your information to verify your identity before responding.
- Send information and marketing materials. We use your information to send technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activity. We use the information we collect to protect against, investigate, and deter abusive, fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
How long we keep your information
We store personal information for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it, and any preferences you’ve configured. For example:
- Some information is stored for the lifetime of your account, including email address, test automation results, username, test cases, and real name.
- You can delete other information any time you would like, including test automation results, test cases, email address, username, and real name.
Keep in mind that we may need to suspend our deletion practices in certain cases. For example, we may need to retain data if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve information, if we receive reports of abuse, or if we’re required to do so by law. Some personal information may also remain in backups for longer than the periods described above.
Control over your information
- Access and correction. You can access and correct your personal information through our services. In some cases, we may ask you to provide some additional details to verify your identity before disclosing any personal information. There are also times when we won’t be able to fulfill your request, like when your request could negatively affect the privacy of others or force us to violate legal obligations we have.
- Deletion. You can delete personal information through our services.
Information for users in the European Union
Rights of Access, Correction, and Deletion
You can exercise your rights of access, correction, and deletion as described in the Control over your information section.
Right to object
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information.For some information, you can simply delete it when you don’t want us to process it anymore. We also offer privacy controls for some types of data. If you’re unsure how to stop us from processing information, contact us.
Bases for processing your information
We rely on one basis to process your information:
We process information on servers located in Canada. This means that your personal information may be transferred to and stored in a country outside of where you live.
If you’re based in the EU, you can file privacy complaints with the supervisory authority in your Member State.
QAconsole.com is the controller of your personal information.
Additional Information for California Residents
As a California resident, you have the right to:
- Know what personal information we collect and how we use and share that information;
- Request deletion of personal information we’ve collected from you;
- Opt out of the sale of personal information;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
You can learn how to exercise some of your privacy rights here. To exercise any other privacy rights or ask questions about your rights, just contact us. Before deleting or providing a copy of your information, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity. If you ask someone to access or delete information on your behalf, we may ask them for additional information to verify the request is legitimate too.
Categories of information we collect
We describe the types of information we collect and how we collect it above, but California law requires us to provide details about some specific categories of information. In the last twelve months, we’ve collected:
- Identifiers, including email address, username, and real name.
This information was:
- Provided by individuals
We collected this information for the business purposes described above.
In the last twelve months, we have not sold your personal information.
Our services are not intended for or directed to anyone under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. If you believe we have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us.
How to contact us
If you have any privacy-related questions or comments, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.